[nSLUG] Re: On irrelevant linux questions and taking things seriously

David Payne dapayne12 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 00:09:47 ADT 2007

Hi,

I myself would consider myself a plain old "Linux user" without
professional or hobbyist attached to the front.  I don't get paid to
use Linux so I don't consider myself a professional much the same way
as I am not a professional firefighter but a volunteer firefighter
because I do not get paid.

Dictionary.com tells me that a hobby is an "activity or interest
pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation".
Although I do have interest and enjoyment when using my computer at
times there is much more to it than that.  It is much the same way
that a Windows user might not consider themselves a hobbyist Windows
user.

I don't even know if this is a point worth talking about on nSLUG but
I just want to agree with Mike that it is hard to split people into
two groups like that.

David Payne