[nSLUG] On irrelevant linux questions and taking things seriously

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 21:10:48 ADT 2007

On 4/11/07, Michael Gillie <mikegpc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then, i now get the drift that very few would pay for a service that they
> can very easily get freely. At this point, i am not really interested in my
> own distro, but trying to find people who would truly appreciate a server
> that would not carry just one STYLE of FLAVOR of linux/minix/*nix, but get
> as many as possible in one spot. People would not be asked to pay for the
> products or the services, as i too, agree that it would be outrageous.
> However, what about donating funds to the development and expansion of such
> a service?

On a reread of this, I see I missed that you are not interested in making
your own distro.

What exactly are your proposing?  Something like sourceforge?  Or a mirrors
site
in Nova Scotia?  The problem with physical locations is that a user on
Aliant's
high speed has to travel through the network to Montreal and sometimes
the States before coming back to a site hosted on Eastlink, and vice versa.
Really, something hosted in Montreal is probably as location neutral and
close to the east coast as you are going to get.

--Donald

!DSPAM:461d7a86232051463486412!