[nSLUG] looking for: a Debian based, or Win32 based OSS server

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Wed Apr 11 21:00:07 ADT 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Michael Gillie wrote:

> I'm just looking for the software... Lately, all i can find that is simple
> to use, is ServU FTP. But within 2 weeks, it crashes. I keep reconfiguring
> it, but it keeps crashing. I need something stable, that will work on
> wireless internet. I have been using Windows XP, but I desperately want to
> switch over to wireless, and have had pointers, which i am going to follow.

Try Proftpd (http://www.proftpd.org/), available as a package in most
distributions. It will generally work out of the box.

> If HTTP is faster, let me know an easy-to-use-and-config http server.

thttpd (http://www.acme.com/software/thttpd/); it's not very featureful,
but it's straightforward to set up and again will generally work out of
the box. Also available as a package in most distributions.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:461d768e228172788627597!