[nSLUG] On irrelevant linux questions and taking things seriously

Michael Gillie mikegpc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 16:28:39 ADT 2007

WHOAH!!! I'm a little shocked by all the responses. Let me clarify a few
thinks about my survey. This is not REALLY a market study. It's a personal
interest. Then, i now get the drift that very few would pay for a service
that they can very easily get freely. At this point, i am not really
interested in my own distro, but trying to find people who would truly
appreciate a server that would not carry just one STYLE of FLAVOR of
linux/minix/*nix, but get as many as possible in one spot. People would not
be asked to pay for the products or the services, as i too, agree that it
would be outrageous. However, what about donating funds to the development
and expansion of such a service?

I find that going all hell west and crooked trying to find linux products
and related software is a real pain in the back side, and I knew that there
was a multiple flavored linux server out there, by gosh and by golly i'd be
the first to be johny on the spot.

On 4/11/07, Tim <tcruikshank at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 April 2007 09:20, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > I am still dreaming big dreams for Debian for kids, still
> > am passionately working on it, and if some of that eventually makes an
> > impact on the marketplace, great! If my individual contributions are not
> > recognized when that time comes, so what? I had fun doing it. That was
> > its own reward.
>
> My son says Thank You! (and me too)

!DSPAM:461d36e8205551018153698!