[nSLUG] linux questions

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:30:18 ADT 2007

On 4/10/07, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

> Of the Linux-using people here at work, I'm the only one who belongs
> to nslug.  I doubt if you'll find these people involved in *any*
> Linux-related groups online.  Some of them are interested
> professionally, others use it at home in limited ways: for a PVR,
> a router, etc.  Others still don't use it daily but keep a Linux
> live CD around "just in case".  These are not representatives of
> the "non-linux using people" of the world.  They just relate to
> Linux differently than the typical nslug member, and they are, I
> estimate, a much larger group who would give quite different answers
> than we've been seeing on the list.
>
> How do you reach these people "efficiently"?  That's not my problem.

Or to put it another way, LUG members are to Linux, what Hank Hill is to
propane
and propane appliances (if you know the King of the Hill show this will make
sense).
Definitely not representative of a typical propane customer.  And that
itself, might be
the information that is gold to the original poster.  LUG people are only
the tip
of the iceberg.  The rest want to just get things done without too much
thought about it.

!DSPAM:461be5cb126731556619056!