[nSLUG] linux questions

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Apr 10 16:19:26 ADT 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:03:27 -0300
Tyler Smith <tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> I don't know how you'd efficiently poll Linux users without
> using LUGs, forums and mailing lists, unless you were happy to have
> the 0.001% return rate you might expect from sampling the general
> public. And I don't know if the orignal poster is interested in
> finding out how many non-linux using people would support a
> linux-distributing company anyways.

Of the Linux-using people here at work, I'm the only one who belongs
to nslug.  I doubt if you'll find these people involved in *any*
Linux-related groups online.  Some of them are interested
professionally, others use it at home in limited ways: for a PVR,
a router, etc.  Others still don't use it daily but keep a Linux
live CD around "just in case".  These are not representatives of
the "non-linux using people" of the world.  They just relate to
Linux differently than the typical nslug member, and they are, I
estimate, a much larger group who would give quite different answers
than we've been seeing on the list.

How do you reach these people "efficiently"?  That's not my problem.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org

!DSPAM:461be351125636575396925!