[nSLUG] linux questions

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Apr 10 16:03:27 ADT 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 03:43:30PM -0300, David Payne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I liked this thread because I found out a lot of you have been using
> Linux for a very long time.  ...  It just puts things into
> perspective for me.

I fully expected to be one of the least experienced, least
knowledgeable people reading this thread, so I don't think I was
motivated by a desire to stroke my ego. I was, and am, curious to hear
about how other people use Linux, especially folks with very different
experiences than my own, ie. people whose experience with *nix
predates Linux, and includes far more variety than running a
single-user laptop.

As for the survey itself, it may well be biased, but that's a separate
issue. I don't know how you'd efficiently poll Linux users without
using LUGs, forums and mailing lists, unless you were happy to have
the 0.001% return rate you might expect from sampling the general
public. And I don't know if the orignal poster is interested in
finding out how many non-linux using people would support a
linux-distributing company anyways.

Tyler

--
Friends don't let friends send Word documents

http://www.nothingisreal.com/dfki/no-word

!DSPAM:461bdf83122144934161451!