[nSLUG] linux questions

Michael Gillie mikegpc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:32:37 ADT 2007

Ok, i didn't do this to cause problems....
My personal email address, if you want to reply to my questions there, is "
mikegpc at gmail.com". I do agree with the points made, and thanks for giving
me that advice.

Thanks for all the responses that came forward from everyone.

On 4/10/07, D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Ben.  In addition, I question the validity of publicly posted
> responding
> on the nslug mailing list.
>
> Only one person wants to know your answers.
>
> If you answer these publicly, there is a greater chance this is just a
> forum to
> brag and exaggerate on one's Open Source Fortitude, and
> Champion Linux Distro.  Enough already.
>
> --Donald
>
> On 4/10/07, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> >
> > A comment on the statistical validity of polling a Linux user group to
> > find
> > out about Linux users at large:
> >
> > Take care that you do not read too much into the results, for LUGs
> > attract
> > only particular kinds of users.  If you talk to a skewed audience,
> > you're
> > going to get skewed results.
> >
> > Ben
> > --
> > ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
> > \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org
> >   `          [ gpg 395C F3A4 35D3 D247 1387 2D9E 5A94 F3CA 0B27 13C8 ]
> >              [ pgp 7F DA 09 4B BA 2C 0D E0 1B B1 31 ED C6 A9 39 4F ]

> !DSPAM:461bd571116801841815168!

!DSPAM:461bd846117649822786055!