[nSLUG] Put down your snow shovel, etch is out

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulb at eastlink.ca
Mon Apr 9 19:04:30 ADT 2007

The offical comment is found here:
  http://www.debian.org/News/2007/20070408

The Debian Project is pleased to announce the official release of Debian
GNU/Linux version 4.0, codenamed "etch", after 21 months of constant
development. Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system which supports
a total of eleven processor architectures and includes the KDE, GNOME
and Xfce desktop environments. It also features cryptographic software
and compatibility with the FHS v2.3 and software developed for version
3.1 of the LSB.