[nSLUG] Linux on Laptop and External USB Drive

Preston Smith prbasmith at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 13:02:40 ADT 2006

I would like to install Linux along with the existing XP on my Compaq
V2414NR laptop with an 80 GB drive.  I assume I have to maintain the
existing Compaq setup since my XP reinstall is on a Compaq OS disk.

I have 250 GB external USB drive which I plan to use to backup both my
laptop and PC.  Could I install separate Linux OS partitions for both
computers on this drive instead of installing on the respective HDs?

All suggestions, comments, warnings, help, etc will be most welcome

Thanks

Preston

!DSPAM:451167c824939062516740!