[nSLUG] big problems with Ubuntu

ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca
Mon Sep 18 18:35:27 ADT 2006

Hello,
> "ifup" is probably just a script, and you should be able to find it, read
> it, and figure out how to run the same comands from the prompt.  However,
> if we assume that you are using DHCP to acquire a netqork address, then
> just "modprobe eth0" to make sure the driver is loaded, followed by
> "/sbin/dhcpcd -t 60 -d eth0" should work, or at least give you some error
> messages.

In single user mode, issuing "modprobe eth0" returns:

FATAL: Module eth0 not found

I'd like to show you my log files but I couldn't mount a USB stick like I
usually do:

mount /dev/sda1/ /mnt/usbstick -t vfat
error: mount: special device /dev/sda1/ does not exist

and

mount /media/sda1/ /mnt/usbstick -t vfat
error: mount: /media/sda1/ is not a block device

How else can I copy the log files?

The Live CD is at work so I'll try the other suggestions tomorrow.

> Are you using a i386/i686 arch system or something else like AMD64?

i386/i686 (Pentium 3 on an IBM T23 laptop)

Cheers,

Dan

!DSPAM:450f111f243461271915461!