[nSLUG] load balancing

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Thu Sep 14 14:36:00 ADT 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Tim wrote:

[snip]
> My problem is if I try to download an ISO for a new distribution (HTTP), I get
> quite a way through the download, and suddently get disconnected. Since this is
> a route based policy, I assume those routes expire, before the transfer is
> complete.

Are you using the new multipath modules? I've seen similar problems with
them in the past. I usually stick with Julian Anastasov's dead gateway
detection patches (http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/) and let it run without any
plugin modules. I've never used iptables for packet classification for
routing, though, so I don't know if that may have other issues.

It might be worth experimenting using
http://speedtest2.eastlink.ca/superlarge.bin - it's only 100 meg, but it
might be quicker than repeatedly redownloading the ISO.

> Is there a way to make the route stick until there is no open sockets going to
> the host in question without having to specify a policy to make the route
> static for the IP of the server?

That's supposed to be how it behaves...

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:4509931f311761765649561!