[nSLUG] Re: Debian 3.3 sarge

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Sun Sep 10 12:27:23 ADT 2006

>> I simply upgraded to 2.6.8-2-386 and most (maybe all
>> of my problems are solved)
>>

> Interesting.  I don't see how a kernel upgrade would fix the
> klaptopdaemon package.

I easn't following the original problem closely so this may be way off
the mark, but:

Did you install a 2.4 kernel, then do this upgrade to 2.6?

If so, possibly the designation in your X config file of
/dev/input/mice as the the pointer device failed under 2.4 but began
to work correctly when you went to 2.6.  (Not a Deb user so much of
the earlier discussion went over my head.)

- Mike

                                                           /V\

!DSPAM:45042ee0278546193462297!