[nSLUG] installing cinelerra on em64t Debian etch

Gerard MacNeil aa030 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Sep 10 11:03:13 ADT 2006

http://cvs.cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php has
For athlon64 processors:
        http://hackitectura.net/~vale/debian/
        deb http://hackitectura.net/~vale/debian ./
        deb-src http://hackitectura.net/~vale/debian ./

Although the archive did not work correctly through Synaptic, you can
download the 4 packages you would need.  Those being
http://giss.hackitectura.net/~vale/debian/cinelerra_2.0.0-3svn20060606_amd64.deb
http://giss.hackitectura.net/~vale/debian/libguicast_2.0.0-3svn20060606_amd64.deb
http://giss.hackitectura.net/~vale/debian/libmpeg3hv_2.0.0-3svn20060606_amd64.deb
http://giss.hackitectura.net/~vale/debian/libquicktimehv_2.0.0-3svn20060606_amd64.deb

Debian multimedia buffs will need the archives at
http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ in their repository list (for things
like Lame, etc).

It's Cinelerra Version 2.0.0-3, which has an RPM binary on
sourceforge.net The supporting libraries need are libguicast, libmpeg3hv
and libquicktimehv, likely on sourceforge somewhere.

I had intended to use 'alien' to convert the RPM to a DEB.  I had used
'alien' in the past and it usually does very well with Userland
packages, less well with services that need to start at boot time.  It
would be in cases like this, with multiple library dependencies, that
cause the most grief.  I would have had to figure out I needed the other
three packages (and possibly others), what the RPM package name was and
get those installed to get it to work.

Since there are no binary complies available for Version 2,1 on
sourceforge.net, I just consider it the development version of Cinelera.

> On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 10:10 -0300, Herb wrote:
> > Forgot to mention it does have a seperately maintained repository, the
> > details can be found here.

The AMD64 distribution (which supports em64t) is part of Etch AKA
Testing. All current repositories should have it. They are hoping to
release it as stable by the end of the year.

Gerard

!DSPAM:45041eda272741995615165!