[nSLUG] debian 3.1 r3-i386

rejean chamberland laudire2you at yahoo.ca
Sat Sep 9 16:26:14 ADT 2006

Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote: rejean chamberland wrote:
> Hi all!
> Ok! So I installed Debian (debian-31r3-i386)and figured out PCLos /etc/lilo.conf ( Thanks to our lovely Teacher which I miss already ).
> Knowing that I had a minimum install (only 2 CDs ) I installed kde but I now have a problem with a "klaptopdaemon_3.3.2-1_i386.deb)" whenever I try to update or upgrade or install even Gnome.
> I don't have a laptop. I'm running a tower. How could that be fixed and what else do I need to get a GUI?

Um.  It would help if you'd show us the error messages. :)

Ben

Hi Ben!
I think I am making some great improvement thanks to someone who suggested to "#tasksel install desktop".
I still cannot "startx" but I think that a "XFree86Config" should fix it.

BTW the message was:
[code]
#apt-get --update <doing it from memory here, but>
Unpacking klaptopdaemon (from .../klaptopdaemon_3.3.2-1_i386.deb)...
dpkg:error processing /cdrom/pool/main/k/kdeutils//klaptopdaemon_3.3.2-1_i386.deb) (--unpack);
     corrupted filesystem tarfile -corrupted package archive: Success
dpkg-deb:subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
     Errors where encountered while processing: /cdrom/pool/main/k/kdeutils//klaptopdaemon_3.3.2-1_i386.deb
     E:Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
[/code]
I'll keep on working at it but if you have any suggestions fire them up.
Thanks.

All new Yahoo! Mail

!DSPAM:4503155d146291541878347!