[nSLUG] which linux??

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Fri Sep 8 11:52:04 ADT 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 10:27:09AM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> Although there are an enormous number of options to choose from, in
> general unless you have quite specialized needs, you'll be happiest with
> one of the mainstream distros.

I agree with Ben's recomendation. Those five distros all have good
strong community support. While support for other distros may not
eactly be lacking, you are more likely to find specific HOWTO
documentation targeted at those more popular distros.

I would lean towards Ubuntu, Debian, and Fedora if you are looking for
a system that just works. I am a Debian and Ubuntu user. (Ben didn't
mention it but he is a Debian developer.)

--
sg

!DSPAM:4501839892881312226909!