[nSLUG] which linux??

daryl macdonald dgmacd at eastlink.ca
Thu Sep 7 20:07:33 ADT 2006

Hi Doug,

As Rolana said, try a version that has a live cd so you can see if it
will work with your hardware or not. MOst recent PC's should work
reasonably well as long as you don't have any cutting edge hardware. I'm
one of the camp that is using Ubuntu and I swear by it. I have a few of
the Dapper Drake cds from Canical if you would like to pick one up, save
you the download time. I was able to install and get up and running
within an hour but I went full fledge and wiped windows completely.

Good luck on whatever you select and I'm sure if you have any questions,
the group here will be more then able to help out.

Daryl