[nSLUG] which linux??

Rolana Johnson rolana at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 18:31:19 ADT 2006

Hi Doug,

Most distros only need the first couple disks, the rest is usually
extra software. Which distro are you downloading? Which one to use is
really up to you, and what you prefer. I think PCLos is a great distro
for someone starting out, you can run it as a liveCD first to see if
it likes your hardware. You can find it here
http://www.pclinuxos.com/news.php it is free, course if you like it
you can certainly donate time or money to it. There is ubuntu as well
which a lot of people like it can be found here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/ another free one. I am sure other people will
recommend other distros. Checking out the live CD's might be a good
way to find out what works best on your system and for you.

Rolanaj