[nSLUG] Tnx Re: Force sendmail to "send now"?

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Mon Oct 23 13:54:18 ADT 2006

John> # # force the queue
John> # exim -qf

Thanks.  That, without the 'f', does it.  It's sendmail -q.  I just
needed somebody to give my head a bit of a shake. :-)

Ben> You might also want to look at /etc/network/ifdown.d/.  For
Ben> instance, on Debian, postfix has a hook here to run down the
Ben> queue just before the network is disconnected.

No ifdown.d in my Slack-10 system but as I'm on dialup, I
could just stick a line into my script that hangs up the phone.  But
how hard is typing "sendmail -q" anyhow? :-)

Tnx all,
- Mike

                                                           /V\

!DSPAM:453d07d6267713496091773!