[nSLUG] Auto-replication of files to web server

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 21:16:49 ADT 2006

It really depends on which part of sharepoint's hodge-podge
of stuff was interesting to you.  There are other solutions for
CMS, DMS, blogs, news server, etc., which have been
around for far longer than Sharepoint.  Try a google
for "sharepoint alternative" and see the scope of what
others have discovered in researching this.

One thing that many sharepoint users fail to grasp is
that it is poor in management features - and this is
partly because it is designed a virtual and ad-hoc
meeting space for short term projects.  Sites are
automatically cleared after so many days.  Not
the best fit for something like a document
management solution.

--Donald