[nSLUG] Force sendmail to "send now"?

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Sat Oct 21 18:13:51 ADT 2006

Is there a way/command to force sendmail to attemp to to send the mail
in the queue immediately?

As a dialup user, I occasionally end up with outgoing mail in the
queue that didn't get sent before I went off line.  When I'm back on
line, I'd like to tell sendmail to do it now -- contact my ISP's
smarthost and clear the queue -- rather than wait on line for whatever
interval sendmail defaults to for attempts to send.

I may be befuddled by the vastness of sendmail config (I actually have
the bat book) but I can't seem to find an answer.

Tnx,
- Mike

                                                           /V\

!DSPAM:453a8d2e3291908982132!