[nSLUG] Followup Re: NIC problem: 3C905B fails to connect

Mike mspencer at tallships.ca
Wed Nov 15 16:08:29 AST 2006

Dop> Sounds like autonegotiation is going wonky somewhere.

Exactly, yes.

Donald> When I lived in Northern Ontario I would spend that much time
Donald> trying to get a NIC card up, because the alternative was
Donald> hunting down an inexpensive NIC in the boonies.  But today I'd
Donald> pick up a $12 PCI card a little bigger than a baby spoon and
Donald> toss the other one away.

I'm kinda sorta in the boonies.  But I do have another NIC card,
apparently a crappy little no-name Chinese one that I rejected in
favour of big-name 3Com.  Feh.  Extensive googling eventually revealed
that the little card is IBM/Intel.  It works fine with eepro100.o.
Ho-hum. I think the 3Com is going to /dev/dump.

Thanks for the feedback,
- Mike

                                                           /V\

!DSPAM:455b740d184501256348324!