[nSLUG] Dealing with a superior who believes they need root

Sean Smith ssmith at cs.dal.ca
Fri Nov 3 16:25:25 AST 2006

Don't bring it up from a strictly IT perspective. If any of this
potentially interferes with what the customer does (say a customer
accesses some data from your servers or something), point out that
your boss is actually costing the company more money by having root
access. Not only does the company lose value to the customer when said
individuals screws things up, but IT also has to spend time fixing
things, which is time and money that could be better spent elsewhere.
Adapt as needed for your own situation.

Regards,

Sean