[nSLUG] dump Linux

Warren Robertson robertsw at dal.ca
Tue May 30 08:26:42 ADT 2006

Hi,

Try Partition Manager, http://www.ranish.com/part/, I use the 2.43
version, it supports larger disks. Create a boot floppy put the
part243.exe on it. Boot the PC run Part. It gives a graphical screen
with lots of options but down the bottom it will say unknown MBR. Move
the curser to this field and tap the space bar until you see Standard
MBR, hit enter, make sure the NTFS partition has the boot flag, just tab
to that field and hit "B", hit F2 to save. I would imagine you want to
delete the Linux Partition and swap so just tab to it and hit delete. F2
always saves current setup. You can create a Fat32 partition where the
Linux one was if you want and then format it to somewhat wipe it.

Warren

--
Warren Robertson
System Administrator, Internetworking Program

!DSPAM:447c2bfc184175477412668!