[nSLUG] dump Linux

Jeff Warnica jeff at coherentnetworksolutions.com
Mon May 29 21:28:30 ADT 2006

If the laptop has a "recover" CD, it just might work regardless of the
current system. It might not, possibly depending on the partition table
amongst any number of things. It might recover to the Windows partition
and ignore the linux partition; if so, the windows storage tools should
be able to get that to be a fat/ntfs partition (which may or may not be
acceptable).

The XP install/boot CD will definitely be able to wipe the partition
table clean and start fresh.

If what you want to do is just leave the existing windows install as is
and the windows tools refuse to delete the linux partition, boot with
any one of the live CDs or install CD sets and delete the linux
partition there. Make a windows partition with windows.

If you want to nix linux and grow the windows partition to the full
disk, so far as I know, you'll need to acquire some commercial tools to
do that.