[nSLUG] Slow DVD Burn

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Tue May 23 15:01:44 ADT 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 01:10:56PM -0300, Jim Haliburton wrote:

>  2)  Make sure the DVD is the last physical device on the cable and is
> jumpered to master.
>     3)  Make sure you are using an 80 conductor 40 pin IDE cable with the
> DVD   burner.

These two recomendations are not required. A slave device on an old
40pin cable with two drives should still be able to push 20+ MB/sec.

At any rate in this case the physical connection of the drives is
obviously correct as Nero has no trouble. I would suspect the k3b
configuration. I recommend a google search for the dvd burner model
number and linux. i.e. google for  "gsa-4163 linux".

--
sg

!DSPAM:4473505456289544216584!