[nSLUG] smartctl -a

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Mon May 22 18:54:17 ADT 2006

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Havea Notherpuff wrote:

> Found a newer version,but I still have no idea,looks like more info though!

Looks fine to me (although the temperature is a bit high). If you see
something like this (as pulled off one of my laptops with a 6 year old
drive):

193 Load_Cycle_Count        0x0012   040   040   050    Old_age   Always   FAILING_NOW 601016

then you have something to worry about. Otherwise, I wouldn't be too
concerned. As Donald said, run the smartctl tests if you want to be really
sure of your drive's health.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:44723325297982101917348!