[nSLUG] Aliant PPPoE

Rory rory at unixism.org
Thu May 4 19:53:03 ADT 2006

Disclaimer: I used to work for Aliant Broadband but have since moved on.

I'm also interested in the problems others have had with Aliant PPPoE
since I haven't had any significant problems with the service in over
4 years.   I've had Aliant DSL in 3 residential locations and two
business locations.  Accept for a couple of early incidents a few
years ago I've been pleased with the performance and IP address
stability.  Most of the issues I had were related to inexperienced
Aliant technicians.

These days my IP remains stable for weeks at a time, typically only
changing when I prompt the change myself.  As for the DNS, I have to
agree, there have been several hard-to-swallow interruptions,
inappropriate for a telco.

Most friends of mine that have Rogers cable have had no fewer issues.
Here's where I have to point out that I'm actually in NB, and maybe my
experience is due to the superior history of NBTel.

Anyhoo, are all the complaints I hear from NS?  are they based on
recent experience or old bitterness?