[nSLUG] (no subject)

Sean Smith ssmith at cs.dal.ca
Thu Mar 16 11:04:33 AST 2006

As a member of the Dal-ACM, I completely understand any frustrations
about last minute notice (I have complained about it myself) for
installfests. Thankfully, we are planning to give more notice in the
future. (And the next one is tentatively scheduled for June 3)

Installfest, from my perspective, is a chance to experiment. Have a
cool idea? Bring it by, talk with some people, see if you can get it
done. For example, I have been meaning to experiment with Xen for the
longest while, but the last installfest provided me with an
opportunity to take some time, sit down, do it, and then talk about
uses with various individuals.

Installfest is about solving problems, both big like the above, and
small, like a hardware configuration issue. It is about coming out and
meeting like minded individuals.

Hope to see even more of you out at the next one.

Sean Smith