[nSLUG] (no subject)

Bob Mullan mullan at ns.Sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 13 13:28:07 AST 2006

Don

I’m pretty sure we have met and I know you’re in the riding but I’m not sure
whether its Kentville New Minas or

Wolfville.

Bob

   _____

From: Donald Teed [mailto:donald.teed at gmail.com]
Sent: March 13, 2006 1:07 AM
To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [nSLUG] (no subject)

Hi,

Are you Dr. Bob?  The federal P.C. Candidate in Kings-Hants?

Linux does some amazing things beyond retreiving data
from broken Windows boxes.

The last time I checked, writing to NTFS in Linux
was only possible with the exact same size file
overwriting the existing file.  This is rarely going to
be the case.

I believe those wishing to become surgeons have to
practise as a GP for awhile before they work as
a surgeon.  Its kinda like that with computer techie
stuff.  If you start out using Linux for critical tasks,
rather than getting to know it first as a normal OS
which has some nice tools on board, you can
expect to see some deaths.  I don't know for certain
if that was how you came to see Linux as being
useful, but based on what you've said, it sounded possible.

My recommendation is that you seek out a tool
(on the Internet) known as Bart PE.  It is the
rescue disk that Microsoft could have made but didn't.
I'm not going to expand on that as it is off topic for our group.

I hope this helps.

--Donald

On 3/12/06, Bob Mullan <HYPERLINK