[nSLUG] (no subject)

Bob Mullan mullan at ns.Sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 12 21:33:14 AST 2006

I’m new to Linux and glad to find a LUG in N.S. Is there anyone in the
Kentville area that might be willing to help a struggling beginner? I fried
my wifes windows trying to do a dual boot install of Debane. Now I’m
experimenting with Knoppix, trying to repair an XP pro installation that
blew up on an IBM lap top (nothing to do with Linux install in this case).

I need to write to NTFS so I downloaded the files from SP1 for Captive-ntfs.
Although I can make the volume appear writable in Knoppix (with settings
resident on a USB key drive) I cannot actually write anything to it. I think
I must be mounting the drive incorrectly.

Does this group ever have install clinics or other user meetings?

Bob

!DSPAM:4414d34b181354213823078!