[nSLUG] Debian stable vs. testing

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 19:28:07 AST 2006

On 3/11/06, Stephen Gregory wrote:

> The purpose of my email was to persuade long time Debian users, like
> me, that we should reconsider running Testing. We should deffinately
> not recommend Debian/Testing to new users.

Your cautionary purpose came through clear. Appreciate that since I'm
still a novice.

I haven't tried any other distros and I'm not particularly hungry to
try any. Would you recommend I re-establish myself in Debian/Stable?

It is my understanding that once ahead, one can't go back easily, that
is, to downgrade from testing back to stable. Is that true?

In any case it ain't that big a deal for me to scrap everything and
start from scratch.

Bob

!DSPAM:44135d08124161340648953!