[nSLUG] Upgrade Testing - Now no X Windows

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Sat Mar 11 14:23:25 AST 2006

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006, gnwiii at gmail.com wrote:

> The current aptitude (text mode menu-driven front-end for apt-get) has
> a nice feature where it offers a number of ways to resolve conflicts
> -- you can scan thru the alternatives and choose the one that make
> sense.

I think (waving my hands fairly vigourously) that this is something that
comes out of apt, as dselect does the same as well - albeit in a slightly
less user-friendly way.

> When did debian switch to xorg's X11?  I think xorg forked around the
> time single X servers came out.  Knoppix was using xorg last summer.

Not sure, but it's there on all the machines I run sid on. I don't think
any of the servers I run sarge on have X installed so I couldn't say for
sure. According to http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_packages
it's in etch, but not sarge.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:441315a1106001724712470!