[nSLUG] Upgrade Testing - Now no X Windows

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 12:14:00 AST 2006

Dop wrote:
> Yup. Try reinstalling the xserver-xfree86 package and see if that fixes

Tried. No work.

Still
bob at deb: ~$ ls -l /usr/bin/X11/XFree86
No such file or directory.

Noticed at the end of

# apt-get install --reinstall xserver-xfree86
xfree86-common: Depends x11common but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution)

Should I try install wdm or xdm? No love lost between me and Gnome.
Actually, I like Blackbox. Can I launch them (wdm or xdm) from the
console? After install will they be placed in the same directory as
gdm? /etc/X11 ?

Bob

!DSPAM:4412f75796351017720808!