[nSLUG] Re: SCSI novice, hardware qry

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Fri Mar 10 01:37:03 AST 2006

Gerald> Does the scanner have two places to connect a SCSI cable?

Yes, it does. (With no distinguishing marks, which leads me to assume
that either is okay for connection to the host.  I've tried both
without success.)

Gerald> Another way to terminate it is to put the SCSI cable on one of
Gerald> these connectors and a terminator on the other one.

Good.  Another option.  Or some other terminated SCSI device on the
second connector?  I'll watch for any arbitrary old SCSI device on my
scrounging expedition, then.

Too bad I'm so far from Hfx.  Nobody near me keeps bins of old
computer stuff for scroungers.

Thanks,
- Mike

                                                           /V\