[nSLUG] overview DB and inn

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 02:52:25 AST 2006

On 3/7/06, Scott Walker <crimson at unspeakable.org> wrote:

> What I'm really sick of DOP is SA's trying to band-aid
> without fixing the solution the proper way.

Well, maybe you don't know everything on their plate :-)
Do you always fix things completely and immediately?

If you get a flat do you pull over, pull out a tire shop
and patch it, or do you use a can of inflate and seal
or swap tires with the spare?

If all I did was maintain one INN box, I'd probably have this fixed before I
had posted on this mailing list.

In the reality of sysadmin, the priorities are:
(a) immediate fires to control, (b) big problems
we need to solve, and (c) small problems we need to solve.  Inn has been a
minor immediate fire
and a small problem we need to solve.

I'm not aware of any IDE drives in our server
room, but I have not seen it all yet.

Regards,

--Donald

!DSPAM:440e7f2a163101402352411!