[nSLUG] multisession discs by cdrecord

gnwiii at gmail.com gnwiii at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 13:02:43 AST 2006

On 3/7/06, Vikram Chhatre <crypticlineage at gmail.com> wrote:
> This has me baffled.  I used cdrecord to burn a session (used the -multi
> tag) to a disc last night, then this morning, I burnt another session.
> The burn process did not report any errors.  The disc mounts fine, but I
> can only see the first session, not the second.  Why is the session
> unreadable?  Is there any way to retrieve that session?

RTFM - in partuclar, look at "man 8 mount" for the explanation:

      session=n
              Select the CDROM session to mount.   Defaults  to  leaving  that
              decision  to  the CDROM driver.  This option will fail with any-
              thing but a CDROM as underlying device.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia

!DSPAM:440dbe43138091816313766!