[nSLUG] Debian hardware compatibility list?

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 08:16:40 ADT 2006

Hi,

FreeBSD has a web page for every release listing the models of
hardware it supports.

On Debian Linux, this is often not important, as I can
obtain the latest vanilla after install and compile in
support for something like a new model network card.

However, I do want to know what disk controllers are
supported from the installer, because if I have
a nice new SCSI RAID controller and it isn't supported,
I'm getting nowhere.  Yes, I'm sure there are ways
to work around that too, but they are time intensive
and I would rather just buy hardware that will work.

Likewise for mainboard chipsets, etc.

I couldn't see a hardware support reference like
FreeBSD's on the Debian site nor from google.
Debian's search thing is down for maintenance
at the moment.

Does anyone have a suggestion? (For Debian 3.1).

--Donald

!DSPAM:44a3b69c264941916812084!