[nslug]Problem booting Redhat AS2.1 server

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Wed Jun 28 10:16:25 ADT 2006

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Kevin MacDonald wrote:

> I'm having a problem booting our Oracle server running Redhat AS 2.1. I
> comes up complaining that the /u05 (/dev/sdd1) file systems has errors.
> Then I have to enter the root pass or Cntrl-d to boot.
> At this point I run e2fsck /dev/sdd1 and it reports everything is okay.
[snip]
> I can "ls" the /u05 and looks fine. When I boot it comes up with the
> same problems about "/u05 contaqins a file system with errors"

Sounds like you need to force a full check. Boot up into single user mode
and do e2fsck -f /dev/sdd1 to force a full check, even if the filesystem
is marked clean (ie it was cleanly unmounted, even though there's
corruption).

Since there's a fair chance of corruption, today is the day you may well
be finding out if your backups are up to date and working correctly... ;->

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:44a28138230123002038404!