[nSLUG] Recommendation for a graphical system monitor.

Joseph Dunn me at joedunn.com
Tue Jun 20 21:16:07 ADT 2006

Stephanie,

If you want something easy, powerful and has something pretty for
management, go for Cacti http://www.cacti.net/ . You can have it up
and running and monitoring from a small group or a very large group >
500 servers quickly.

With its templates your laughing, set one template for a certain
criteria (i/o eth0 stats, mem, process etc) and point it towards that
*nix box.

Plus you can set access control, so the boss see's the pretty graphs
they want to see and you can see all the graphs.

Hope this helps

Joe