[nSLUG] Moving to Halifax

gnwiii at gmail.com gnwiii at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 18:01:59 ADT 2006

On 6/8/06, Dalin Laqua <dalin.laqua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the excellent feedback, I appreciate it.  Another question
> though, I understand that nSLUG doesn't hold any regular meetings and I was
> curious as to why?  Has it been tried before, not enough participation,
> etc...  I only ask because the Calgary LUG has been quite active with
> monthly meetings and regular events.

Years ago there was a unix group affiliated with Uniforum that died
when the parent organization went out of business and the bank "lost"
the account (fortunately not before some funds were sent to help start
the Chebucto Community Net.).  There was less motivation for regular
meetings while people were playing with the brand new internet.

It takes a critical mass of interested people to be able to hold
regular meetings and the linux/open source community in NS hasn't been
quite large enough, but it seems to be growing, so maybe it is time to
think about regular events.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia

!DSPAM:4489e34d135346300811766!