[nSLUG] serial ata device names

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 00:28:36 ADT 2006

Hi,

I'm making a kernel for serial ATA.  I've seen Debian and
Suse run on this particular hardware, and on Suse
the drive was /dev/sda, while on Debian it was /dev/hda -
both with 2.6 kernels.  I checked and Debian didn't have
symlink for /dev/hda to achieve this.  Does anyone know
what the trick is to keep using the hda style name?
I'd prefer to go that way so I can flip back and forth
between my vanilla kernel and the standard Debian one
without requiring an edit of fstab from a rescue CDROM
if my vanilla kernel won't boot.

--Donald

!DSPAM:4488eae5109431572958050!