[nSLUG] Moving to Halifax

Paul wes902 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 18:12:59 ADT 2006

Hi Dalin,

Currently using Eastlink so my information might be biased towards them.

  Aliant highspeed is a PPPoE ADSL service with a 1.5mbit/5mbit
download speed depending on the package with a dynamic IP. Aliant has
a fiber to home service in
trial(http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NVN/is_6_25/ai_n12412960).

  Eastlink sells a 5mbit/10mbit download speed with a "dynamic" IP.
Your assigned a routable IP that's pretty static (had one for over a
year). There is an email filter in place so you have to use their SMTP
relay, along with a bandwidth shaping, and about 200 active connection
limit.

  Another computer(parts) store in the area is robotnik
(http://www.robotnik.com/)