[nSLUG] Moving to Halifax

Dalin Laqua dalin.laqua at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 17:15:33 ADT 2006

Hi all,

I guess this is as good a time as any to introduce myself on the list.  My
family and I are moving to Halifax from Calgary next week for work.  I've
been working with Linux since 2000 and I was glad to find that there is a
local LUG.  I have a few questions I was hoping you could help me with.
I've been looking to see what is available in the way of ISP's, and so far I
know of Aliant and possibly Rogers (not sure from their website if they
provide cable internet in Halifax, but am assuming that is the case).  So I
was hoping someone could tell me what is available and what the services are
like.  The other thing I would like to know is if anyone has a preferred
shop that sells computers and parts etc.  I plan to build a new PC there
after the move.

Any help is appreciated.  I look forward to getting to know the group and to
hopefully meeting some of you as well.

Thanks,

Dalin Laqua

!DSPAM:4488870593331584245887!