[nSLUG] displaying graphics remotely via xterm

Jack Warkentin jwark at eastlink.ca
Thu Jun 8 15:57:26 ADT 2006

Hi Chris

The command you used looks good. There are, however, two possible
problems that I can see.

1. Your username/userid on torch.cs.dal.ca is different from that on
your laptop. If that is the case use user at torch.cs.dal.ca where user
is your username on the remote system.

2. The sshd daemon on torch.cs.dal.ca does not have X11 Forwarding
enabled. See man 5 sshd_config. Usually this means changing the
parameter of the X11Forwarding entry to Yes from No. However, If
UseLogin is set to Yes then X11Forwarding will be disbled.

Regards

Jack

Jack Warkentin, phone 902-404-0457, email jwark at eastlink.ca

!DSPAM:448872a189071589616085!