[nSLUG] flawless Ubuntu 6.06 install

ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca
Mon Jun 5 15:42:46 ADT 2006

Hello,
The latest iso from Ubuntu (ubuntu-6.06-desktop-i386.iso) installed
beautifully on my IBM T23 laptop. All hardware was properly recognised and
the installation was the easiest it has ever been.

I liked the fact that the installer first gets the LiveCD version up and
running before starting the install. The gnome interface came up with xorg
correctly configured. A few clicks later it started the install which
lasted about 30 minutes. Reboot and here I am in Firefox writing through
my webmail.

Thanks for all the help and support. Now I need to make sure that thing
has high and impenetrable walls to shield me from undesirables.

Dan

!DSPAM:44847b27313146132972379!