[nSLUG] unix + subversion - setup issues

Stephanie Mayfield stephanie.m.mayfield at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 11:51:57 ADT 2006

Short history. We had subversion running successfully on this red hat
machine however it was using the BDB and it got corrupted.  So I recreated
the repository using the FSFS backend instead. Now the repository is up and
working, however it isn't accessable from external machines.  I can do an
svn list using a file reference which works but the same command doesn't
work using the URL.

- I have the apache user owning the entire repository with full rights.
- Apache is running as the apache user.
- The repository is temporarily unrestricted until I get this issue sorted
out so I know it isn't a password or subversion setup issue.
- The web reference is /repos.  The URL I'm using is /repos.  None of this
changed from the previously working version.  I can't see it being the
apache setup as this did work before.

I've been googling and reading the subversion documentation for 3 days.  I
have no clue what is wrong at this point and I'm not very familar with
unix.  My best guess is some sort of protection issue?  Groups?  I really
don't know.

I managed to get subversion up and running at home on my windows box in a
morning in between doing housework.  I know it is my ignorance of unix that
is holding me up.  I see there is a lesson for me to learn here.  Anyone
have any suggestions?
I really don't want to have to install it on a windows box here at work for
something which I'm sure is just some stupid little setup/protection thing
I'm missing.

Thanks
Steph

!DSPAM:4484450f299141190249345!