[nSLUG] Re: Double count with Mozilla & Firefox

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu Jun 1 23:39:45 ADT 2006

> I put a simple counter on my website, when I go there with Mozilla
> or firefox it counte by 2s, with Opera it counts by 1s.

This is just a WAG: Is there anything in your CSS that could possibly
cause either a perfectly compliant browser or, alternatively, a
non-compliant browser to reload the document, say,  due to the SPAN
surrounding the counter line?

You might detect that from logs on the server or from a packet sniffer on
the client.  Netscape 4.76 increments by 1 on sequential reloads.

BTW, you have an IMG tag with SRC="" at http://gasperauxlake.ns.ca/

- Mike

                                 (902) 543-8375            /V\

!DSPAM:447fa2b0295916408265789!