[nSLUG] dd-wrt

Eric J Russell 050173r at acadiau.ca
Thu Jul 27 19:17:21 ADT 2006

I am running the latest dd-wrt on my WRT54G. I would like to put in my
two cents for those considering this firmware since I have seen it
talked about a little bit. I have found it to be very good. Essentially
it just adds more features and control to the standard firmware, some of
which are useful. Remember to reboot the router from the webgui after
setting what you want, some stuff requires this to take hold. Some of
the help files in the webgui are a little dated or incomplete, but it's
no big deal. Overall, it explains things a lot better than the Linksys
firmware does. I tweaked a few settings confidently without worrying
about messing things up, because the help let me know what I was getting
myself into.

I looked at the features offered on the other firmwares, dd-wrt seems to
be the best, although i'm sure the others have their uses and could be
very solid firmwares...ymmv

/E

!DSPAM:44c93b74143122425990033!