[nSLUG] No CPU use stat from ps running bind in chroot

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 10:10:51 ADT 2006

Hi,

Here is a scenario...
Two servers: both Debian 3.1 stable.

One runs with -t /var/lib/named while the other doesn't.
Both work properly.

The chrooted bind will show 0:00 for processing time from ps -aux , while
the non-chrooted case will show some processing time has elapsed.
(The chrooted case is far more busy, as well, so it isn't simply a case
of an idle service.)

I checked the bind chroot howto and don't see anything I've missed.
googling hasn't shown anything related to it thus far.

My feeling is that I'm missing something in named's dev
(I've got null, random and log) or similar.

--Donald

!DSPAM:44c619ed297791445999829!